Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary done good

Well, I didn't get to see Hillary's speech last night, but I have read it, and it seems like she did a great job of trying to rally people to Obama. Even if she's been less than sincere about that in recent weeks.

I'd like to see a Hillary-now-McCain supporter on TV (there are a lot of them granting interviews in Denver) respond to this quote from Hillary:
I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?
Fair question, which is it? Do you believe in issues or do you believe in personalities? Reminds me of a question frequently asked in Latin America, are you a nation of laws or a nation of men (um, women)?

No comments: