Friday, September 5, 2008

Barracuda

You know when you're on one of those long road trips, and people start to ask odd questions just to keep the drive interesting? One of my favorite questions to ask is - what was your first live concert?

It tells you a lot about how people grew up, and really little else. So, a fun question, embarrasses nobody. My answer, in case you're wondering was a Heart show I saw my senior year of high school. I took this girl who I had a crush on. Mister Mister was the opening act.

Why do I bring this up? Because Heart is threatening Sarah Palin with legal action if she doesn't stop using their "Barracuda" song to introduce Palin. Apparently, Barracuda was her nickname as a high school point guard.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/05/heart-wants-mccainpalin-t_n_124167.html

Oddly enough, the girl I took to that concert was also a good high school point guard. She went on to become a girl's high school coach, won the coach of the year award in Kentucky, and has produced at least one McDonald's All-American. I'd take her as vice president any day of the week.

No comments: